- Denstone College
- Head: Mr D M Derbyshire
- T 01889 590484
- F 01889 591295
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.denstone.staffs.sch.uk
- An independent school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 18.
- Boarding: Yes
- Local authority: Staffordshire
- Pupils: 610
- Religion: Church of England
- Fees: Day: £12,693-15,342 pa Boarding: £18,387-28,815 pa
- Open days: Saturday 19 May 2018 and Saturday 29 September 2018
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
- ISI report: View the ISI report
What the school says...
Denstone College offers a rounded education where proper emphasis is given to academic achievement and high standards are a priority. At the heart of our educational approach is excellence in teaching and learning and pupils across the ability range benefit from fantastic educational facilities and highly qualified staff. In today’s competitive environment, universities and colleges are seeking evidence of intellectual appetite as well as top grades at both GCSE and A level. At Denstone, pupils learn what is needed to perform well in public examinations, but we also aim to inculcate a love of learning which will stay for life. We stretch our pupils, in terms of work ethic and intellectual ambition, helping them to achieve high grades and exceed expectations.
Ours is a rich, varied and stimulating learning environment where extra curricular opportunities and excellence in sport, music and drama abound. Standards are high and we provide close mentoring to ensure our pupils exceed expectations in and outside the classroom. What supports Denstonians in these efforts is an environment which applauds success, very good teaching by subject specialists, and a level of academic and pastoral mentoring that genuinely cherishes the individual. ...Read more
What the parents say...
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Boys taking Art & Design (Fine Art) at an English Independent School (GCE A level)
- Best performance by Girls taking Art & Design (Fine Art) at an English Independent School (GCE A level)