- Deptford Green School
- Head: Mr Mark Phillips
- T 020 8691 3236
- F 020 8694 1789
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.deptfordgr…ewisham.sch.uk
- A mainstream state school for pupils aged from 11 to 16
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Lewisham
- Pupils: 892
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Requires improvement 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Requires improvement 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Requires improvement 1
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare Requires improvement 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Requires improvement 1
- 1 Full inspection 5th May 2016
- Previous Ofsted grade: Requires improvement on 2nd July 2014
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
In September 2004 a new dyslexia resource opened at Deptford Green. The resource aims to further enhance Deptford Greens dyslexia friendly school status and spread good practice throughout the school. The resource caters for up to six children in year 7 who have been identified with severe dyslexia as their primary need.
The pupils are supported in the resource by specialist teachers following multisensory, structured programmes matched to their learning styles. They will be encouraged to develop their IT skills as a personal support strategy. Subjects that require a high level of literacy are taught in the resource (i.e. English, History, Geography and RE). The children are also to be supported in some classes by learning support assistants attached to the resource (all Science, Maths and French classes). They will otherwise be participating in all aspects of the Year 7 curriculum with their peers (e.g. Drama, PE, IT, Art). They are placed in two tutor groups in Year 7.
It is anticipated that they will continue to have this high level of support in Year 8 with the aim of being almost fully integrated into the mainstream classes by Year 9 with some class support. Each year a new Year 7 group will be incorporated into the resource. ...Read more
What the parents say...
No comments received for Deptford Green School
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Boys taking Art & Design (Textiles) at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE)
International Baccalaureate: diploma - the diploma is the familiar A-level equivalent.
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.
Already subscribed? Login here.
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.