- Don Valley Academy and Performing Arts College
- Head: Mrs Karen Squire Bsc
- T 01302 651035
- F 01302 786252
- E email@example.com
- W www.donvalleyacademy.org.uk
- A mainstream state school for pupils aged from 11 to 18
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Doncaster
- Pupils: 967
- Religion: None
- Latest Overall effectiveness Requires improvement 1
- 16-19 study programmes Requires improvement 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Requires improvement 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Requires improvement 1
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare Requires improvement 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 1st December 2016
- Previous Ofsted grade: Inadequate on 6th November 2014
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
Converted to an academy 2011.
What the parents say...
No comments received for Don Valley Academy and Performing Arts College
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Boys taking Sports Studies at an English Comprehensive School (OCR Cambridge Technical Introductory Diploma at Level 3)
Performing arts specialist school
Special Education Needs
Don Valley School & Performing Arts College has a successful and caring Special Needs Department. Children with Special Needs have a personalised individual curriculum and we involve parents to help with the education of their children. We take a holistic approach to our students and teach them in a happy encouraging environment. We especially cater for Aspergers Syndrome.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders||Y|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.