- Dorothy Goodman School Hinckley
- Head: Janet Thompson
- T 01455 634582
- F 01455 613667
- E email@example.com
- W www.dorothygoodman.co.uk
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 3 to 19. Type of SEN provision: MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty; SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Leicestershire
- Pupils: 257
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- 16-19 study programmes Outstanding 2
- Early years provision Outstanding 2
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 2
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 2
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 2
- 1 Short inspection 14th June 2016
- 2 Full inspection 15th June 2011
Short inspection reports only give an overall grade; you have to read the report itself to gauge whether the detailed grading from the earlier full inspection still stands.
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 13th September 2007
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
We are an area special school, providing education for children who have learning difficulties, across the whole range. We are in the process of being re-built, and from September 2006 we will be located in the heart of mainstream provision, although we will remain a separate special school. This will allow us to expand our successful programme of inclusion links with local schools. A strong feature of our school is the high level of staffing, which provides our pupils with the individual support that they need. ...Read more
What the parents say...
No comments received for Dorothy Goodman School Hinckley
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
Special Education Needs
An area special school for pupils with learning difficulties.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty||Y|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty||Y|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.