- Durham Johnston Comprehensive School
- Head: Dr Michael Wardle
- T 0191 384 3887
- F 01913 746358
- E school@durham-joh…ston.durham.sch.uk
- W www.durhamjohnston.org.uk
- A state school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 18.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Durham
- Pupils: 1601
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- 16-19 study programmes Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 1
- 1 Full inspection 12th February 2015
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 16th February 2011
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
Durham Johnston is a vibrant and successful comprehensive school serving Durham City. We are a secure and happy school with a long history of achievement at all levels. Currently one of the top 10 comprehensive schools for enabling young people to enter the most competitive university courses, we are also the highest scoring school in the region for A levels. Renowned for music, sport and debating too we have a commitment to academic excellence, social justice and preparing our children for a global future. ...Read more
What the parents say...
No comments received for Durham Johnston Comprehensive School
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Excellent performance by Boys taking English Language at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE)
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.