- Eppleton Academy Primary School
Houghton le Spring
Tyne and Wear
- Head: Mrs Kim Bushby
- T 0191 553 6738
- F 01915 536739
- E eppleton.academy@….sunderland.gov.uk
- W www.eppletonac…yprimary.co.uk
- A mainstream state school for pupils aged from 3 to 11
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Sunderland
- Pupils: 176
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 20th June 2013
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 12th November 2008
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
Eppleton Academy Primary School was completed in 1985 and has been substantially extended and upgraded since then to include disbility access, extended outdoor facilities and an outdoor classroom.
Our children are encouraged to play and interact throughout the school and we have a very successful paired reading scheme, where older peers support younger children to read and share books together. Older pupils in school act as 'buddies' for younger children; they are good role models and encourage positive relationships. ...Read more
What the parents say...
No comments received for Eppleton Academy Primary School
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.