- Hallmoor School
50 Scholars Gate
- Head: Mrs Joanne Edwards
- T 0121 783 3972
- F 01217 833481
- E [email protected]
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 4 to 19.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Birmingham
- Pupils: 230
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Requires improvement 1
- 16-19 study programmes Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Requires improvement 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Requires improvement 1
- 1 Full inspection 21st January 2020
- Previous Ofsted grade: Inadequate on 29th January 2015
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
This is not currently a GSG-reviewed school.
Do you know this school?
Please login to post a comment.
Overall school performance (for comparison or review only)
Results by exam and subject
Special Education Needs
Hallmoor School educates and cares for children between the ages of 4 and 19. The school is divided into three very distinct departments depending on the age of the child. Our children have a range of abilities and needs, and are supported in their learning by small group teaching and individual learning programmes. All of the children need support with their learning and we have some capacity to support children with specific needs such as Autism, Speech and Language difficulties, Dyspraxia, and mild physical or medical difficulties. Excellent staff provide good support, to assist children with mild emotional and behavioural difficulties, enabling them to achieve. As pupils become students they progress to Work Related Learning activities and gain a range of external accreditation. The school achieved a School Achievement Award for improvement in 2000/2001 and has gained Investors In People status twice. More recently we have been awarded 'Basic Skills Quality Marks' for the third time, a 'Leading Aspect Award' for 'Positive Behaviour Management for Vulnerable Children and Young People' and A Birmingham School Award for 'Continuing Professional Development'
Interpreting catchment maps
The maps show in colour where the pupils at a school came from*. Red = most pupils to Blue = fewest.
For help and explanation of our catchment maps see: Catchment maps explained
The 'hotter' the colour the more children have been admitted.
Children get into the school from here:
sometimes, but not in this year