- Hamstead Hall Academy
- Head: Mr J Mortimer and Mr S Farar
- T 0121 386 7510
- F 01213 586707
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.hamsteadhall.com
- A mainstream state school for pupils aged from 11 to 18
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Birmingham
- Pupils: 1077
- Religion: None
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- 16-19 study programmes Good 2
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 2
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 2
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 2
- 1 Short inspection 19th January 2016
- 2 Full inspection 27th January 2011
Short inspection reports only give an overall grade; you have to read the report itself to gauge whether the detailed grading from the earlier full inspection still stands.
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 6th February 2008
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
Hamstead Hall is distinctive in many ways. It has a significantly wide range of abilities with a Special Needs Rescource Base alongside students winning places at Oxford and Cambridge. We are an ethnically rich and varied school community of both pupils and staff. Our students come to school to learn.
What the parents say...
No comments received for Hamstead Hall Academy
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Excellent performance by Boys taking Art & Design (Graphics) at an English Comprehensive School (GCE A level)
- Excellent performance by Boys taking Health & Social Care at an English Comprehensive School (Applied GCE A level Single Award)
Special Education Needs
We are a 11-18 school with a Special Needs Resource Base which has 40 places for students. These places are allocated by SENAS. The Base is a support base and all students are fully integrated into the whole school with suitable support. Students mainly have MLD, but from 2006 2 places per year group will be allocated to students with Speech and Language Difficulties. Ofsted in 2003 commented that our strengths were our inclusivity, Excellent pastoral support and Quality of provision. We were awarded a 1 for inclusion and a 2 overall.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders||Y|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class||Y|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.