- Hawthorns School
Sunnyside Moss Campus
- Head: Mrs Moira Thomspson Ma, Npqh
- T 0161 370 1312
- F 0161 301 5375
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.hawthornsschool.org
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 4 to 11. Type of SEN provision: MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Tameside
- Pupils: 81
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- Early years provision Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 1
- 1 Full inspection 20th May 2015
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 9th October 2008
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for Hawthorns School
Please login to post a comment.
Special Education Needs
Hawthorn School is a small community school helping children with moderate learning difficulties. Many of our pupils have additional needs ie speech and language difficulties, emotional and behavioural difficulties and autistic spectrum disorders. Parent links are very important and our parent partnership schemes include several innovative initiatives. We were awarded Beacon Status in 2000 and provide expertise and support to other schools. We received an outstanding Ofsted report in October 2005.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty||Y|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.