- Heathfield Special School
- Head: Mr Steve Hollinghurst
- T 01329 845150
- F 01329 846548
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.heathfield.hants.sch.uk
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 3 to 11. Type of SEN provision: MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty; PD - Physical Disability.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Hampshire
- Pupils: 113
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- Early years provision Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 14th June 2017
- Previous Ofsted grade: Requires improvement on 18th June 2015
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
Special Education Needs
Heathfield is a day school for primary aged children who have moderate learning difficulties. These difficulties include physical difficulties, medical conditions, language and communication difficulties, autism and Asperger syndrome, hearing and visual impairment, perceptual difficulties and emotional and behavioural difficulties. At Heathfield School, the High Scope approach is used in order to promote independence and by following Individual Educational Plans, pupils are able to progress in small, achievable steps. Our pupils have access to additional therapies if necessary from the speech therapist, physiotherapist, occupational therapist and school nurse.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty||Y|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability||Y|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.
Already subscribed? Login here.
The Good Schools Guide newsletter
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.