- Henry Tyndale School
- Head: Mr Rob Thompson
- T 01252 544577
- F 01252 377411
- E helen.hayward-pri…ndale.hants.sch.uk
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 2 to 19. Type of SEN provision: ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Hampshire
- Pupils: 135
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- 16-19 study programmes Outstanding 2
- Early years provision Outstanding 2
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 2
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 2
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 2
- 1 Short inspection 28th September 2016
- 2 Full inspection 7th December 2011
Short inspection reports only give an overall grade; you have to read the report itself to gauge whether the detailed grading from the earlier full inspection still stands.
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 13th May 2009
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for Henry Tyndale School
Please login to post a comment.
Special Education Needs
Henry Tyndale School caters for a range of Special Educational Needs and is proud of the quality of education and care it provides for all of its pupils. All pupils at our school have a learning difficulty; many also have an additional need such as a physical disability, a language disorder or an autism spectrum disorder. The school operates in newly built premises designed to provide the first rate accommodation our pupils deserve to best meet their special needs. The school has approximately seventy staff and numerous additional experienced personnel from Health, Education and Social Services who work on site alongside our employees to assist the children. These multi-agency colleagues include Physio-therapists and a Speech and Language therapist each day, plus regular visits from amongst others, Occupational and Music therapists, Advisory Teachers for our visually and hearing impaired students, School Medical Officer and school nurse, Social Workers, Key Workers from respite services and members of the Community Learning Disability Team.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.