- Highshore School
135 Farmers Road
- Head: Mrs E Ollieuz
- T 020 7708 6790
- F 020 7252 9024
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.highshore.…uthwark.sch.uk
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 19. Type of SEN provision: MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty; SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Southwark
- Pupils: 130
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 27th February 2013
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 25th November 2009
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
A successful school for secondary students with mixed special needs. Particular strengths are expressive arts. We offer a broad curriculum leading to Entry Level(Welsh Board) accreditation as well as GCSE Art and ASDAN Youth Award. High level of extra-curricular and out of school hours learning opportunities. Regularly oversubscribed.
What the parents say...
No comments received for Highshore School
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Girls taking Mathematics (Numeracy) at an English Comprehensive School (Functional Skill at Entry Level)
Special Education Needs
Highshore is a successful mixed special needs secondary school in Peckham, South East London. Formerly a school for children with moderate learning difficulties it now caters for students with a range of difficulties with particular focus on speech and language disorders, moderate to severe learning difficulties.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty||Y|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication||Y|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.
Already subscribed? Login here.
The Good Schools Guide newsletter
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.