- Highshore School
135 Farmers Road
- Head: Mrs E Ollieuz
- T 020 7708 6790
- F 020 7252 9024
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.highshore.…uthwark.sch.uk
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 19.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Southwark
- Pupils: 130
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 27th February 2013
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 25th November 2009
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
A successful school for secondary students with mixed special needs. Particular strengths are expressive arts. We offer a broad curriculum leading to Entry Level(Welsh Board) accreditation as well as GCSE Art and ASDAN Youth Award. High level of extra-curricular and out of school hours learning opportunities. Regularly oversubscribed.
What the parents say...
No comments received for Highshore School
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Girls taking Mathematics (Numeracy) at an English Comprehensive School (Functional Skill at Entry Level)
Special Education Needs
Highshore is a successful mixed special needs secondary school in Peckham, South East London. Formerly a school for children with moderate learning difficulties it now caters for students with a range of difficulties with particular focus on speech and language disorders, moderate to severe learning difficulties.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Aspergers Syndrome [archived]|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders [archived]|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|Delicate Medical Problems [archived]|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.