- Hillside School
- Head: Mrs Rachel Burstow
- T 01273 416979
- F 01273 417512
- E email@example.com…ighton-hove.sch.uk
- W www.hillside.b…ton-hove.sch.uk
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 2 to 16. Type of SEN provision: ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder; PD - Physical Disability; SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health; SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication; SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty; VI - Visual Impairment.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Brighton and Hove
- Pupils: 77
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- Early years provision Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 1
- 1 Full inspection 23rd October 2014
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 4th February 2010
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
Hillside is a state maintained special school catering for the needs of pupils with severe and profound and multiple learning difficulties. We have recently developed Key Stage 1 provision for pupils with Autistic Spectrum Disorder.
What the parents say...
No comments received for Hillside School
Please login to post a comment.
Special Education Needs
Hillside School caters for children with a wide range of abilities between the ages of 4 and 16, all of whom have learning difficulties. Pupils have profound and multiple learning difficulties, and severe learning difficulties. In 2005 we opened a provision for pupils who have autistic spectrum disorder. We benefit from having a full-time school nurse and can cater for complex medical conditions. Support from therapeutic staff, working for the local NHS Trusts is a strength of the school. Additionally we offer a SLD Outreach Service to local mainstream schools.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability||Y|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health||Y|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication||Y|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty||Y|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment||Y|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
Catchment is only available for English state schools, independent schools do not have catchment areas.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive.
September 2012 – August 2013 (2012 intake)
September 2013 - August 2014 (2013 intake)
September 2014 - August 2015 (2014 intake)
September 2015 - August 2016 (2015 intake) released 2017 currently being processed will be published September 2018
September 2016 - August 2017 (2016 intake) not currently available