Histon and Impington Infant School A GSG School
- Histon and Impington Infant School
New School Road
- Head: Jonathan Newman
- T 01223 568826
- F 01223 568827
- E office@histonimpi…n-inf.cambs.sch.uk
- W www.hiischool.net
- A mainstream state school for pupils aged from 5 to 7
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Cambridgeshire
- Pupils: 287
- Religion: Non-denominational
- Review: View The Good Schools Guide Review
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- Early years provision Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 19th May 2016
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 8th March 2011
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What The Good Schools Guide says..
A popular school where the assessment unit is recognised to be a big plus for pupils and teachers alike. An active school association raises money for 'icing on the cake' and runs several clubs, including one to encourage kids to love and value books - each week children can buy a stamp, which is saved until the end of term, when a book sale: a great idea. The...
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
What The Good Schools Guide says
Since September 2015, Jonathan Newman.
For mainstream schooling - within catchment. For the assessment unit - LA referral. Not necessarily from within the accepted catchment area - parents can and do express a preference.
Special Education Needs
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder|
|Aspergers Syndrome [archived]|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders [archived]|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|Delicate Medical Problems [archived]|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class||Y|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|