- Ipswich Academy
Braziers Wood Road
- Head: Mrs Helen Winn
- T 01473 550040
- E email@example.com
- W ipswichacademy…adigmtrust.org
- A state school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 18.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Suffolk
- Pupils: 708
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Requires improvement 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Requires improvement 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Requires improvement 1
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare Requires improvement 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 19th October 2016
- Previous Ofsted grade: Inadequate on 9th January 2015
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
As a school which is part of the Learning Schools Trust (LST) partnership of Academies, we believe that young people are capable of amazing things and it is our job to see that they are given the right opportunities, facilities and support to achieve more than they ever thought possible. Students are at the centre of everything we do.
We have developed a very exciting and new approach to learning which is designed to meet the varied and different needs of each individual student within the Academy.
We believe that all students are different and that they learn in different ways and at different rates.
The core curriculum of English, Maths, Science, ICT and languages will be delivered using a specially developed STEPS Curriculum where students will be encouraged to work at their own pace, with their teachers having set goals for them.
They will also benefit from a thematic, problem-solving approach in other curriculum areas where they will develop the personal learning and thinking skills that will enable them to become successful learners at school but also throughout their lives.
We also offer a full range of ex-curricular provision including sport, the arts and activities such as The Duke of Edinburgh Award. ...Read more
What the parents say...
No comments received for Ipswich Academy
Please login to post a comment.
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.