Keelman's Way School
- Keelman's Way School
Campbell Park Road
Tyne and Wear
- Head: Paula Selby
- T 0191 489 7480
- F 01914 837390
- W www.keelmanswayschool.co.uk
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 2 to 19. Type of SEN provision: HI - Hearing Impairment; OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability; SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty; VI - Visual Impairment.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: South Tyneside
- Pupils: 129
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 2
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 2
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 2
- 1 Short inspection 3rd October 2018
- 2 Full inspection 23rd January 2014
Short inspection reports only give an overall grade; you have to read the report itself to gauge whether the detailed grading from the earlier full inspection still stands.
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
This is not currently a GSG-reviewed school.
Do you know this school?
The schools we choose, and what we say about them, are founded on parents’ views. If you know this school, please share your views with us.
Please login to post a comment.
Overall school performance (for comparison or review only)
Special Education Needs
Greenfields School is a day school for children and young people who experience severe/complex learning difficulites aged 2 - 19 years of age. We are located in South Tyneside on the Hebburn/Jarrow border. Whilst some of our pupils with most complex difficulties are based within a discrete class many and varied inclusion opportunites have been created to enable them to share learning opportunites with their Key Stage peers. Greenfields School was awarded the Healthy School Standard Award in 2002 and there is now a very strong focus on encouraging pupils/students to engage in regular activity through the wide range of Clubs we offer.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment||Y|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability||Y|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty||Y|
|VI - Visual Impairment||Y|