Kent College (Canterbury)
- Kent College (Canterbury)
- Head: Dr David J Lamper
- T 01227 763231
- F 01227 787450
- E [email protected]
- W www.kentcollege.com/
- An independent school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 18.
- Boarding: Yes
- Local authority: Kent
- Pupils: 510
- Religion: Methodist
- Open days: Nursery, Infants and Juniors everyday is Open Day
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
- ISI report: View the ISI report
What the school says...
Nestling in idyllic surroundings on the outskirts of Canterbury, Kent College offers a fantastic array of opportunities including our own school farm and equine unit. We provide an education for local children plus boarders from 40+ different countries. Boarding arrangements can include a London transport package, giving children the best of both worlds: an excellent education in the Kent countryside and quality time with parents at the weekend. Our own school buses bring students in from all over the county. Working parents can take advantage of the extended school day, with the option of an overnight stay, when the need arises.
All senior school students at Kent College are issued with a laptop, junior pupils have use of ipads.
We are recognised as a world school and offer the International Baccalaureate Diploma alongside A level courses. The IB allows students to pursue more subjects and credits them for the work that they already do in the community and on the sports field. Recent IB results with an average of 37 points place the school in the top 10 nationally.
Our pupils are academically able and also accomplished team players in sport; eloquent musicians; contributors to the school society and beyond; leaders of their own peer group and role models to others. We achieve this by promoting high self esteem, searching out and developing talent, encouraging each to be the best they can and not allowing anyone to be overlooked. Most importantly we celebrate every success. Kent College alumni are found as leaders of their fields in all walks of life! ...Read more
What the parents say...
Please login to post a comment.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Boys taking Mathematics (Further) at an English Independent School (GCE A level)
- Best performance by Boys taking Other Languages at an English Independent School (IBO Standard level component)
2016 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Boys taking German at an English Independent School (GCSE Full Course)
- Best performance by Boys taking Speech & Drama at an English Independent School (Graded Drama Music Lit Speech)
- Best performance by Girls taking Speech & Drama at an English Independent School (Graded Drama Music Lit Speech)
International Baccalaureate: diploma - the diploma is the familiar A-level equivalent.
International Study Centre - school has a linked, international study centre for overseas students wishing to improve their English.
Who came from where
|The Schools at Somerhill||2016||1||1||Music Scholarship|