- Kenton School
Tyne and Wear
- Head: Mrs Sarah Holmes-Carne
- T 0191 214 2200
- F 01912 142007
- E email@example.com
- W www.kenton.newcastle.sch.uk
- A mainstream state school for pupils aged from 11 to 18
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Pupils: 1831
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Requires improvement 1
- 16-19 study programmes Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Requires improvement 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Requires improvement 1
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Requires improvement 1
- 1 Full inspection 29th September 2016
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 19th April 2012
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for Kenton School
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Girls taking Art & Design (Textiles) at an English Comprehensive School (GCE A level)
- Best performance by Girls taking Art & Design (3D Studies) at an English Comprehensive School (GCE A level)
- Best performance by Girls taking Art & Design (3D Studies) at an English Comprehensive School (GCE AS level)
- Best performance by Girls taking Hairdressing Services at an English Comprehensive School (VRQ Level 3)
2016 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Boys taking Business Studies at an English Comprehensive School (BTEC L1/L2 First Certificate)
- Best performance by Boys taking Art & Design at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE Full Course)
Special Education Needs
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory||Y|
|Has SEN unit or class||Y|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.
Already subscribed? Login here.
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.