- Kilton Thorpe Specialist Academy
- Head: Mr Kevin Thompson
- T 01287 677265
- F 01287 201201
- E kiltonthorpe_spec…r-cleveland.gov.uk
- W www.kts-academy.org.uk
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 3 to 19.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Redcar and Cleveland
- Pupils: 160
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- 16-19 study programmes Outstanding 1
- Early years provision Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 1
- 1 Full inspection 15th July 2015
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 22nd November 2011
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for Kilton Thorpe Specialist Academy
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
Special Education Needs
Kilton Thorpe is a community school catering for pupils from three to nineteen years who have severe and profound and multiple learning difficulties including autistic spectrum disorders. Pupils may also have social emotional and behavioural difficulties. All pupils have a statement of special educational needs. The school shares a site with the mainstream primary and has links with the local community.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder|
|Aspergers Syndrome [archived]|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders [archived]|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|Delicate Medical Problems [archived]|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory||Y|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
Already subscribed? Login here.
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.