- Macmillan Academy
- Head: Mr P Latham
- T 01642 800800
- F 01642 353000
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.macmillan-academy.org.uk
- A mainstream state school for pupils aged from 11 to 19
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Middlesbrough
- Pupils: 1500
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 23rd May 2013
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 12th December 2007
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for Macmillan Academy
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Boys taking Business Studies at an English Comprehensive School (BTEC Certificate Level 3)
- Best performance by Girls taking Business Studies at an English Comprehensive School (BTEC Certificate Level 3)
- Excellent performance by Boys taking Engineering Studies at an English Comprehensive School (BTEC Certificate Level 2)
Special Education Needs
At Macmillan College we value all of our students, making a firm commitment to inclusive education. We strongly believe that all children have an equal right to a good education that enables them to develop and allows them to reach their full potential. We have a commitment to high achievement and we strive to provide all of our children with a quality of education appropriate to their individual needs.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders||Y|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.