- Middleton School
Walnut Tree Walk
- Head: Mrs Donna Jolly
- T 01920 485152
- F 01920 486 738
- E email@example.com
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 4 to 11. Type of SEN provision: ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder; MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty; SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Hertfordshire
- Pupils: 86
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 1
- 1 Full inspection 24th January 2013
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 8th December 2009
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for Middleton School
Please login to post a comment.
Special Education Needs
Middleton School is located in the town of Ware and pupils come from the whole of East Hertfordshire, most of them travelling to school by bus or taxi. We have had two Ofsted inspections in recent years and on both occasions the school received the highest praise with no key issues to address, the learning environment described as exceptional. The school caters for children with moderate learning difficulties in the age range 4 to 11. There are places for approximately 92 children including provision for 12 children with autism. Although all the children have some learning difficulties it is expected that they will all make good progress and eventually leave school able to read and write and lead a perfectly normal life. They will be taught the full range of National Curriculum subjects but in smaller groups and at a pace more suited to their needs.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty||Y|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication||Y|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.