- Mill Water School
- Head: Mr Sarah Pickering
- T 01395 568890
- F 0140 443 402
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 3 to 19. Type of SEN provision: ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder; HI - Hearing Impairment; MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty; MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment; OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability; PD - Physical Disability; PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty; SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Devon
- Pupils: 108
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- 16-19 study programmes Good 1
- Early years provision Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 26th April 2017
- Previous Ofsted grade: Requires improvement on 11th February 2015
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
Mill Water provides a caring environment where there is respect for all and where pupils develop and extend skills on an individual basis and are provided with continuity of learning. Pupils are encouraged to be aware of a world beyond their immediate environment.
What the parents say...
No comments received for Mill Water School
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
Special Education Needs
Mill Water provides a caring environment where there is respect for all and where pupils develop and extend skills on an individual basis and are provided with continuity of learning. Pupils are encouraged to be aware of a world beyond their immediate environment. Pupils have severe or complex learning difficulties, some may have multiple learning difficulties or autistic spectrum disorders. All pupils have a statement of special educational needs.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment||Y|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty||Y|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment||Y|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability||Y|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability||Y|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty||Y|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty||Y|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.