- Newsome High School
- Head: Mr Dean Watkin
- T 01484 516712
- F 01484 226572
- E office.newsome@ki…ees-schools.org.uk
- W www.newsomehigh.co.uk
- A state school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 16.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Kirklees
- Pupils: 571
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Requires improvement 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Requires improvement 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Requires improvement 1
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare Requires improvement 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Requires improvement 1
- 1 Full inspection 27th April 2016
- Previous Ofsted grade: Requires improvement on 19th March 2014
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for Newsome High School
Please login to post a comment.
Special Education Needs
Newsome has 2 resourced provisions within the mainstream school. We have the Kirklees Resourced Provision for pupils with hearing impairments and also the Resourced Provision for pupils with physical disabilities. All these pupils are fully included within the school. Hearing Impaired pupils are taught along side their peers, benefiting from teachers of the deaf and educational communicators. They also have some 'base time' to allow them to consolidate learning from other subjects. Newsome also caters for other pupils with SEN. In total we have approximately 70 statemented pupils. At the last Ofsted (January '05), the overall provision for all pupils with SEN was rated as very good. All pupils are taught in mainstream classes for the majority of lessons with work being differentiated to meet their needs. We have a large team of committed, experienced support assistants who assist pupils in lesson and also extra- curricular activities.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment||Y|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment||Y|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.