- Northcott School
- Head: Katherine Willson
- T 01482 825311
- F 01482 822253
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.northcottschool.org.uk
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 5 to 16. Type of SEN provision: SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Kingston Upon Hull
- Pupils: 118
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 2
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 2
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 2
- 1 Short inspection 1st March 2017
- 2 Full inspection 17th January 2013
Short inspection reports only give an overall grade; you have to read the report itself to gauge whether the detailed grading from the earlier full inspection still stands.
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 24th September 2009
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for Northcott School
Please login to post a comment.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Boys taking Self Development at an English Comprehensive School (ELQ Band C)
Special Education Needs
Northcott School is a day school for pupils aged 4-16. We have a specialist Autistic Provision for 18 pupils while the main part of school caters for children with mild autism, speech and language problems, medical difficulties, sensory impairments and emotional problems. In 2002 Ofsted judged the school to be 'excellent'. We also hold a Charter Mark and many other awards, including Beacon School status 2000-2004, School Achievement Award 2000 & 2002, Investors in People 1999-2002, 2003-20005, 2005-2008 and LEA accreditation of behaviour management 2000-2003 2003-2006. A full list is available on our website.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication||Y|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.