Northern Counties School
- Northern Counties School
Tyne and Wear
- Head: Mrs Joanna Allen Msc Npqh Bphil Bed
- T 0191 281 5821
- F 01912 815060
- E [email protected]…s.newcastle.sch.uk
- W ncs.percyhedley.org.uk
- A special independent school for boys and girls aged from 3 to 19. Type of SEN provision: ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder; HI - Hearing Impairment; MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty; MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment; PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty; SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication.
- Boarding: Yes
- Local authority: Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Pupils: 87
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- 16-19 study programmes Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 29th March 2017
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 21st March 2013
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for Northern Counties School
Please login to post a comment.
Special Education Needs
The Good Schools Guide writes: this is an independent school and a registered charity providing day and residential education for pupils with complex communication needs. Pupils are mainly deaf. In 2004 Northern Counties was inspected by OFSTED who said: 'The school is very effective..' The school merged with the Percy Hedley Foundation, an organisation providing specialist services for disabled people in the north east, in September 2005.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment||Y|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty||Y|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment||Y|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty||Y|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication||Y|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
Catchment is only available for English state schools, independent schools do not have catchment areas.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive.
September 2012 – August 2013 (2012 intake)
September 2013 - August 2014 (2013 intake)
September 2014 - August 2015 (2014 intake)
September 2015 - August 2016 (2015 intake) released 2017 currently being processed will be published September 2018
September 2016 - August 2017 (2016 intake) not currently available