- Northern Counties School
Tyne and Wear
- Head: Mrs Joanna Allen Msc Npqh Bphil Bed
- T 0191 281 5821
- F 01912 815060
- E info@northerncoun…s.newcastle.sch.uk
- W ncs.percyhedley.org.uk
- A special independent school for boys and girls aged from 3 to 19. Type of SEN provision: ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder; HI - Hearing Impairment; MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty; MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment; PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty; SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication.
- Boarding: Yes
- Local authority: Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Pupils: 87
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- 16-19 study programmes Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 29th March 2017
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 21st March 2013
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for Northern Counties School
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
Special Education Needs
The Good Schools Guide writes: this is an independent school and a registered charity providing day and residential education for pupils with complex communication needs. Pupils are mainly deaf. In 2004 Northern Counties was inspected by OFSTED who said: 'The school is very effective..' The school merged with the Percy Hedley Foundation, an organisation providing specialist services for disabled people in the north east, in September 2005.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment||Y|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty||Y|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment||Y|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty||Y|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication||Y|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.