Nower Hill High School A GSG School
- Nower Hill High School
George V Avenue
- Head: Mr Chris Livesey
- T 020 8863 0877
- F 020 8424 0762
- E email@example.com
- W www.nowerhill.harrow.sch.uk
- A mainstream state school for pupils aged from 11 to 18
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Harrow
- Pupils: 1880
- Religion: Non-denominational
- Review: View The Good Schools Guide Review
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 1
- 1 Full inspection 11th May 2012
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 3rd May 2007
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
- Linked schools: Harrow Collegiate
What The Good Schools Guide says..
The pupils who showed us around were extremely articulate, warm, kind and very proud of their school. Big mix culturally and harmonious atmosphere. Room after room was explained with equal enthusiasm (even the less aesthetically pleasing ones), and each montage on colourful walls was discussed in detail – especially those of past school trips.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Excellent performance by Girls taking Additional Science at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE)
What The Good Schools Guide says
Since 2012, Mr Chris Livesey, BA from London in modern history. A Cheshire lad, who moved to London for his degree, continued his studies there (PGCE) and never went back: ‘My first teaching job was at a comprehensive school in Wembley, and then I became deputy head at Nower High, where I stayed for the next 15 years before becoming head. I’ve basically had two long services in two schools.’ Although he is loathe to admit that he must have been the natural choice to succeed the much respected former head teacher, we think few would’ve expected otherwise. One parent told us: ’Mr Livesey was always a well-respected deputy head and classics teacher and was always very visible.’ Mr Livesey says that when he was offered the role of head teacher, he was ‘extremely...
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.