- Nunnykirk Centre for Dyslexia
- Head: Mr Barry Frost
- T 01670 772685
- F 01670 772434
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.nunnykirk.co.uk
- A special independent school for pupils aged from 9 to 18 with specific learning difficulties
- Boarding: Yes
- Local authority: Northumberland
- Pupils: 27
- Religion: Does not apply
- Fees: Please apply to school
- Open days: May and November
- Latest Overall effectiveness Requires improvement 1
- 16-19 study programmes Requires improvement 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Requires improvement 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Requires improvement 1
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 16th February 2017
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 13th February 2014
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
Nunnykirk is a non-maintained special school, approved by the Department for Education for pupils with Specific Learning Difficulties, where individuals are valued for themselves and where all are expected to give their best.
What the parents say...
No comments received for Nunnykirk Centre for Dyslexia
Please login to post a comment.
Special Education Needs
Nunnykirk specialises in pupils of average or above average ability who have specific learning difficulties. Our holistic approach ensures a curriculum specifically developed for dyslexic pupils where they can build self-esteem and confidence in a calm and supportive environment. The wide variety of subjects, hobbies, activities and games ensures that every pupil develops their potential. In addition the attention to detail in routines, diet and exercise contributes to pupils becoming mature, well-mannered, confident young people aware of community and world issues and able to move into our 6th Form or on to college, where they start the next phase of their education. Dec 09.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty||Y|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.