- Oaklands School
- Head: Mrs Alison Ashley
- T 01606 551048
- F 01606 861291
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 17. Type of SEN provision: MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty; SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Cheshire West and Chester
- Pupils: 157
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- 16-19 study programmes Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 1
- 1 Full inspection 20th May 2015
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 18th September 2013
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for Oaklands School
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
Special Education Needs
The Good Schools Guide writes: Oaklands School is a special school catering for pupils with moderate learning difficulties and associated needs. Additionally, some pupils have severe learning difficulties, educational and behavioural difficulties, or speech/communication problems. The school received the Diana, Princess of Wales silver award in 2004, is involved with the Young Enterprise Initiative and is an active member of the Winsford Education Partnership. All pupils have a statement of special educational needs.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty||Y|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health||Y|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.
Already subscribed? Login here.
The Good Schools Guide newsletter
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.