- Our Lady and St Chad Catholic Academy
Old Fallings Lane
- Head: Ms Toni Ellis
- T 01902 558250
- F 01902 558251
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.olsc.org.uk
- A mainstream state school for pupils aged from 11 to 18
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Wolverhampton
- Pupils: 796
- Religion: Roman Catholic
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 10th January 2014
- Previous Ofsted grade: Satisfactory on 3rd May 2012
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
Summer 2005 - Best ever GCSE Results:
- 56% of Year 11 gained 5 or more A*-C;
- PE: 100% A*-C - Third year;
- Core subjects (Maths, English, Science, RE) - All over 40% A*-C;
- Many students with 11 or 12 A*-C.
Christ is the centre of our school.
He calls us all; pupils, parents, staff and Governors, to co-operate fully in the building of a community where individuals are treasured and able to grow to full potential in the love of Christ.
We will put into practice the values of truth, justice, charity, forgiveness, love and peace, as we live our daily lives together.
We will reach out to others to do what is good with a loving concern. ...Read more
What the parents say...
No comments received for Our Lady and St Chad Catholic Academy
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2016 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Boys taking Applied Sciences at an English Comprehensive School (BTEC First Award)
Special Education Needs
The school has Resource Base provision for 25 pupils with Moderate Learning Difficulties. The school also provides for a number of pupils with specific learning difficulties, including literacy and visual impairment. The school achieved the Silver Quality Mark from the LEA, for SEN and inclusion in November 2005.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders||Y|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.