Outwood Academy Carlton
- Outwood Academy Carlton
- Head: Paul Haynes
- T 01226 728494
- F 01226 725640
- E [email protected]
- W www.carlton.outwood.com/
- A state school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 16.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Barnsley
- Pupils: 773
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 2nd December 2015
- Previous Ofsted grade: Inadequate on 17th September 2014
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
Carlton Community College is an 11-16 Specialist Science and Performing Arts School located in North East Barnsley, easily accessible from South Yorkshire, Wakefield and Pontefract. We have 1001 students on roll. We also have an autistic unit that can accommodate the educational needs of 25 pupils, and a pupil referral unit that can accommodate the educational needs of 10 pupils with behavioural issues.
We are proud of our students who are hardworking, ready to learn and full of potential. We believe that our students deserve the best and are have a dedicated team of teaching staff who can help them reach this potential.
We are excited about the opportunities that face us. We have a strong interim leadership team in place, supportive policies and procedures and a real desire to become a good/ outstanding school.
Carlton Community College was formed in September 2009 from the previous Edward Sheerien and Royston High schools.
We moved to our brand new building in January 2011 and serve the communities of Carlton, Athersley and Royston. The new ALC focuses on flexible learning that is supported by state of the art ICT facilities. Learning spaces have been designed so that they can be expanded for teaching large groups and to develop project work.
The context in which we work is sometimes challenging but we will offer support and a collaborative spirit. Any colleague seeking to join us will be made immediately welcome, fully inducted and given all the support, stimulus and challenge you will need to develop to become the best you can be ...Read more
What the parents say...
No comments received for Outwood Academy Carlton
Please login to post a comment.