- Painsley Catholic College
- Head: Mr Steve Bell
- T 01538 483944
- F 01538 483962
- E email@example.com
- W www.painsley.co.uk
- A mainstream state school for pupils aged from 11 to 18
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Staffordshire
- Pupils: 1196
- Religion: Roman Catholic
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- 16-19 study programmes Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 1
- 1 Full inspection 11th December 2007
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
- Linked schools: The Moorlands Sixth Form College
What the school says...
The Painsley Catholic High School is an 11-18 mixed Catholic High School serving a wide catchment area comprising the whole of the Staffordshire Moorlands and parts of the City of Stoke-on-Trent (Leek, Cheadle, Uttoxeter, Tean, Cotton, Oakamoor, Alton, Caverswall, Blythe Bridge and Weston Coyney).
Painsley has an excellent reputation in the community it serves. It has received two outstanding Ofsted Reports and was recognised for excellence in Her Majestys Chief Inspectors Annual Report in 1998. Painsley is a Beacon School, an Eco School and recently gained Investors in People status. The school has received a School Achievement Award for Excellence for the last two years.
Public examination results are consistently higher than the county and national averages, across the ability range, placing Painsley as one of the top schools in Staffordshire. The SAT results place Painsley is the top 25% of all schools in the country. The academic ethos of the school is based upon the development of excellence in the individual pupil.
Sporting provision and achievement at Painsley have been recognised by the prestigious Sportsmark Award. ...Read more
What the parents say...
No comments received for Painsley Catholic College
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Excellent performance by Girls taking History at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE)
- Excellent performance by Girls taking Design & Technology Textiles Technology at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE)
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.
Already subscribed? Login here.
Careers intervention used by this School
|Future First||Building an alumni community|