- Painsley Catholic College
- Head: Mr Steve Bell
- T 01538 714944
- F 01538 483962
- E email@example.com
- W www.painsley.co.uk
- A state school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 18.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Staffordshire
- Pupils: 1219
- Religion: Roman Catholic
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- 16-19 study programmes Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 1
- 1 Full inspection 11th December 2007
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
- Linked schools: The Moorlands Sixth Form College
What the school says...
The Painsley Catholic High School is an 11-18 mixed Catholic High School serving a wide catchment area comprising the whole of the Staffordshire Moorlands and parts of the City of Stoke-on-Trent (Leek, Cheadle, Uttoxeter, Tean, Cotton, Oakamoor, Alton, Caverswall, Blythe Bridge and Weston Coyney).
Painsley has an excellent reputation in the community it serves. It has received two outstanding Ofsted Reports and was recognised for excellence in Her Majestys Chief Inspectors Annual Report in 1998. Painsley is a Beacon School, an Eco School and recently gained Investors in People status. The school has received a School Achievement Award for Excellence for the last two years.
Public examination results are consistently higher than the county and national averages, across the ability range, placing Painsley as one of the top schools in Staffordshire. The SAT results place Painsley is the top 25% of all schools in the country. The academic ethos of the school is based upon the development of excellence in the individual pupil.
Sporting provision and achievement at Painsley have been recognised by the prestigious Sportsmark Award. ...Read more
What the parents say...
Please login to post a comment.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Excellent performance by Girls taking History at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE)
- Excellent performance by Girls taking Design & Technology Textiles Technology at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE)
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
Catchment is only available for English state schools, independent schools do not have catchment areas.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive.
September 2012 – August 2013 (2012 intake)
September 2013 - August 2014 (2013 intake)
September 2014 - August 2015 (2014 intake)
September 2015 - August 2016 (2015 intake) released 2017 currently being processed will be published September 2018
September 2016 - August 2017 (2016 intake) not currently available