Parmiter's School A GSG School
- Parmiter's School
High Elms Lane
- Head: Nick Daymond
- T 01923 671424
- F 01923 894195
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.parmiters.herts.sch.uk
- A mainstream state school for pupils aged from 11 to 18
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Hertfordshire
- Pupils: 1,419
- Religion: None
- Open days: End of September or early October
- Review: View The Good Schools Guide Review
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- 16-19 study programmes Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 1
- 1 Full inspection 22nd September 2011
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 1st December 2006
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What The Good Schools Guide says..
The school looks like a classic '70s comprehensive from the outside, but has a traditional grammar school feel on the inside, with portraits of former head teachers and honours boards. Parents and staff evidently value the combination of traditional values and progressive...
What the school says...
Parmiter's School is partially selective. A copy of our admissions criteria can be found on our school website. We welcome visitors to the school; please get in touch with our admissions secretary if you would like to visit.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Boys taking Mathematics (Further) at an English Grammar School (GCE A level)
- Best performance by Girls taking Music Performance: Group at an English Grammar School (Grade 3 Music or Dance)
- Best performance by Girls taking Music Performance: Group at an English Grammar School (Grade 4 Music or Dance)
- Best performance by Girls taking Music Performance: Group at an English Grammar School (Grade 5 Music or Dance)
What The Good Schools Guide says
Since 2010, Mr Nick Daymond MA Cantab PGCE NPQH (40s), previously head of Roundwood Park School in Harpenden. He went from St Paul's School to Queens' College, Cambridge to read modern languages, but changed to theology in his third year. He did a PGCE out of pragmatism rather than vocation, but had an 'inspirational' PGCE language tutor, and found Goffs School, where he had a placement, 'a stimulating place to be'.
Married with two children, he is popular with parents and pupils, who comment that he is 'very approachable' and 'always around at school events, often with his family'. They are appreciative that he did not leap in to make immediate changes 'just to make his mark', and that he evidently values the traditions of the school.
The ability range...
Special Education Needs
Parmiter's is dedicated to supporting all students in order that they fulfil their potential. The SEN Department works in partnership with subject specialists and the pastoral team to identify students who need additional support, as well as those who are gifted and talented. Support is given according to the students' individual needs and within the framework of the Code of Practice. 10-09
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Aspergers Syndrome [archived]|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders [archived]|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|Delicate Medical Problems [archived]|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.
Already subscribed? Login here.
Careers intervention used by this School
|EDT||Routes into STEM with EDT|