Pate's Grammar School A GSG School
- Pate's Grammar School
Princess Elizabeth Way
- Head: Russel Ellicott
- T 01242 523169
- F 01242 232775
- E email@example.com
- W www.pates.gloucs.sch.uk
- A mainstream state school for pupils aged from 11 to 18
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Gloucestershire
- Pupils: 1097
- Religion: None
- Review: View The Good Schools Guide Review
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 1
- 1 Full inspection 26th April 2013
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 26th February 2009
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What The Good Schools Guide says..
Masses of time for enrichment; Tuesday afternoons are generally free for extracurricular activities, most of which are sixth form led. Pate’s is not exactly set in rolling parkland – it’s at the less glamorous end of Cheltenham and perimeter fences make the initial impression somewhat forbidding. However...
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Girls taking Mathematics (Further) at an English Grammar School (GCE A level)
- Best performance by Boys taking Economics at an English Grammar School (GCE A level)
- Best performance by Girls taking Economics at an English Grammar School (GCE A level)
- Best performance by Girls taking German at an English Grammar School (GCE A level)
- Excellent performance by Girls taking Chemistry at an English Grammar School (GCE AS level)
- Best performance by Girls taking German at an English Grammar School (GCE AS level)
- Best performance by Girls taking Additional Mathematics FSMQ at an English Grammar School (Free standing Maths Qual Level 3)
State grammar school
What The Good Schools Guide says
Since 2012, Mr Russel Ellicott BA. Read history at Royal Holloway and then completed his PGCE, became a teacher of history and PE first at The Crypt School in Gloucester, then at Marling School in Stroud before moving to Pate's in 2007 as deputy head. Married with two children. Teaches GCSE history. Passionate about cricket - and had carefully selected his headmaster’s XI for the Cricket Festival in the week that we were visiting.
Friendly, direct and effective. Doesn’t appear to be a man to thrust himself into the limelight - a careful, analytical listener who interrogates assumptions. Enthusiastic, organised and strategic. Keen to turn the school more 'outward', to be a 'magpie' of best practice in other schools and to go 'beyond outstanding'.
Says pastoral care...
Special Education Needs
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder|
|Aspergers Syndrome [archived]|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders [archived]|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|Delicate Medical Problems [archived]|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.