- Penn Fields School
- Head: Miss Elaine Stanley
- T 01902 558640
- F 01902 558641
- E email@example.com
- W www.pennfields.com
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 5 to 19. Type of SEN provision: MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty; SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Wolverhampton
- Pupils: 158
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 2
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 2
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 2
- 1 Short inspection 24th January 2018
- 2 Full inspection 5th December 2012
Short inspection reports only give an overall grade; you have to read the report itself to gauge whether the detailed grading from the earlier full inspection still stands.
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 11th December 2009
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for Penn Fields School
Please login to post a comment.
Special Education Needs
The Good Schools Guide writes: Penn Fields is a community special school catering for pupils with moderate learning difficulties. Over the past few years, pupil needs have become more complex and the school now has a number of pupils with severe learning difficulties, autistic spectrum disorders, behavioural difficulties, and physical or sensory difficulties. All pupils have a statement of special educational needs. The school was one of the first in the country to achieve the new ICT quality mark, awarded by BECTA, in recognition of how ICT is used to support all learners and school activities.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty||Y|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty||Y|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.