- Percy Hedley School
Tyne and Wear
- Head: Dr Sue Fisher M.Sc. D.Ed. Psy
- T 0191 216 1811
- F 01912 668435
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.percyhedley.org.uk
- A special independent school for boys and girls aged from 3 to 19. Type of SEN provision: PD - Physical Disability; SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: North Tyneside
- Pupils: 154
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 1
- 1 Full inspection 22nd March 2013
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 10th January 2008
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for Percy Hedley School
Please login to post a comment.
Special Education Needs
The Good Schools Guide writes: The Percy Hedley Foundation was established in 1953 as a small charitable school for children with cerebral palsy to promote the rights, needs and aspirations of disabled people through specialist, quality services. The school provides day end five-day boarding with respite and independence training for pupils on a full or part-time basis. Percy Hedley School specialises in working with three distinct groups of children. For those with cerebral palsy a programme based on Conductive Education as practised at the Peto Institute in Budapest is followed. Specialist teachers and therapists provide an integrated approach to working with children who have speech, language and communication difficulties and complex difficulties including dyspraxia, dyslexia and ADHD. The third group supported ny the school are those children on the autistic spectrum who show the potential to access a group approach with support.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability||Y|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication||Y|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.