- Pinewood School
- Head: Mr David McGachen
- T 01920 412211
- F 01920 412 211
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.pinewood.herts.sch.uk
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 16. Type of SEN provision: ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder; MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty; SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Hertfordshire
- Pupils: 156
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Requires improvement 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Requires improvement 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Requires improvement 1
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Requires improvement 1
- 1 Full inspection 18th May 2017
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 14th June 2012
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for Pinewood School
Please login to post a comment.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Excellent performance by Girls taking Sports Leadership at an English Comprehensive School (VRQ Level 1)
Special Education Needs
Pinewood is a mixed secondary special school for up to 155 pupils with MLD. Many pupils also represent a range of other needs and difficulties including speech and language, physical and/or sensory impairments, and clinical conditions which may affect their learning. Though the majority of pupils live within the East Herts area. The school admits pupils from every town and area of the County plus neighbouring Authorities (e.g. Enfield and Essex). The school is located in a very attractive area of extensive woodland within walking distance of Ware Town. We share the site with Presdales, a Girls Secondary School and Middleton, a Primary MLD School.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty||Y|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication||Y|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
Catchment is only available for English state schools, independent schools do not have catchment areas.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive.
September 2012 – August 2013 (2012 intake)
September 2013 - August 2014 (2013 intake)
September 2014 - August 2015 (2014 intake)
September 2015 - August 2016 (2015 intake) released 2017 currently being processed will be published September 2018
September 2016 - August 2017 (2016 intake) not currently available