Polam Hall School
- Polam Hall School
- Head: Principal Kate Reid
- T 01325 463383
- F 01325 383539
- E [email protected]
- W www.polamhall.com
- A state school for boys and girls aged from 4 to 19.
- Boarding: Yes
- Local authority: Darlington
- Pupils: 717
- Religion: None
- Fees: Day free; Boarding; £10,164 - £10,785 pa
- Open days: October, November and January
- Latest Overall effectiveness Requires improvement 1
- 16-19 study programmes Requires improvement 1
- Early years provision Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Requires improvement 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Requires improvement 1
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare Requires improvement 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Requires improvement 1
- 1 Full inspection 19th April 2018
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
As a Free School, Polam Hall is funded by the state, while remaining fully independent in all the areas that matter. Day pupils are admitted without fees in accordance with the national admissions code. Like academies, the School is independent of local authority control, with our own governing body. Our distinctive curriculum, pastoral values and ethos have all been enhanced and improved in line with our new vision and we continue to offer boarding for 60 pupils. Boarders do not pay fees for tuition; they will pay for board and lodging only. Find out more at http://www.polamhall.com ...Read more
Do you know this school?
The schools we choose, and what we say about them, are founded on parents’ views. If you know this school, please share your views with us.
Please login to post a comment.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Excellent performance by Boys taking History at an English Independent School (GCE AS level)
All-through school (for example 3-18 years). - An all-through school covers junior and senior education. It may start at 3 or 4, or later, and continue through to 16 or 18. Some all-through schools set exams at 11 or 13 that pupils must pass to move on.
State boarding school