- Queensbury School
Wood End Road
- Head: Mrs Sherree Watkins-McGirl
- T 0121 373 5731
- F 01213 826147
- E email@example.com
- W www.queensburysch.com
- A special state school for pupils aged from 11 to 19
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Birmingham
- Pupils: 248
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Requires improvement 1
- 16-19 study programmes Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare Requires improvement 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Requires improvement 1
- 1 Full inspection 20th January 2016
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 1st February 2013
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for Queensbury School
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Boys taking Preparation for Work at an English Comprehensive School (ELQ Band C)
- Best performance by Girls taking Home Econ: Child Dev at an English Comprehensive School (ELQ Band C)
- Best performance by Girls taking Preparation for Work at an English Comprehensive School (ELQ Band C)
Special Education Needs
The Good Schools Guide writes: Queensbury School is a community school catering for pupils with moderate learning difficulties including autistic spectrum disorders, speech and language difficulties and challenging behaviour.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.