- Rowdeford School
- Head: Mr Michael Loveridge Pgce, Npqh, Bsc
- T 01380 850309
- F 01380 859708
- E email@example.com
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 16. Type of SEN provision: ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder; MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty; PD - Physical Disability; SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication.
- Boarding: Yes
- Local authority: Wiltshire
- Pupils: 129
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 1
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 29th September 2016
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 28th November 2013
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
Rowdeford is a state school for pupils with statements aged 11-16 with complex learning needs and social communication difficulties. We follow a values-based curriculum and promote learning outside the classroom (LOtC).
What the parents say...
No comments received for Rowdeford School
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Girls taking Speech & Drama at an English Comprehensive School (ELQ Band B)
Special Education Needs
Rowdeford School is a secondary (11-16years), co-educational special school for pupils with complex learning difficulties. This includes pupils whose measured ability and attainment place them on either the moderate learning difficulties spectrum, or at the top end of the severe learning difficulties spectrum. Many also have associated medical conditions and /or syndromes. All are considered to be socially vulnerable. The school has boarding provision for up to 24 pupils. It also has a specialist centre for pupils with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, called the Prospect Centre. All pupils admitted to the school have a Statement of Special Educational Needs under the 1996 Education Act. The school caters for 122 pupils at present and is set to expand to 130.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty||Y|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability||Y|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication||Y|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.