- Sackville School
- Head: Mr Julian Grant
- T 01342 410140
- F 01342 315 544
- E [email protected]
- W www.sackville.w-sussex.sch.uk
- A state school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 18.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: West Sussex
- Pupils: 1616
- Religion: Does not apply
- Open days: Thursday 24th September 2015, 5.30pm
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- 16-19 study programmes Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 19th March 2015
- Previous Ofsted grade: Requires improvement on 24th April 2013
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
Sackville is a thriving comprehensive school with a large and successful sixth form. its GCSE results have soared over recent years, with 73% of students achieving at least 5 A*-C grade passes including English and maths at GCSE in 2015, placing it amongst the highest schools in West Sussex. Both English and maths see C+ grades at over 80% and the same levels of progress from key stage 2 at 86%. All of these figures are significantly above both county and national averages. Sackville enjoyed a particularly successful Ofsted inspection in Spring 2015 and holds the UNICEF Rights Respecting Award which reflects its positive and caring ethos. Standards of behaviour are very good; expectations are unashamedly high. ...Read more
What the parents say...
Please login to post a comment.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Excellent performance by Boys taking Design & Technology Resistant Materials at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE)
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
Catchment is only available for English state schools, independent schools do not have catchment areas.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive.
September 2012 – August 2013 (2012 intake)
September 2013 - August 2014 (2013 intake)
September 2014 - August 2015 (2014 intake)
September 2015 - August 2016 (2015 intake) released 2017 currently being processed will be published September 2018
September 2016 - August 2017 (2016 intake) not currently available