- Samuel Laycock School
Ashton Under Lyne
- Head: Mr Andrew Foord
- T 0161 344 1992
- F 01613 384638
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.samuellaycock.org.uk
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 17. Type of SEN provision: MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Tameside
- Pupils: 101
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Requires improvement 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Requires improvement 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Requires improvement 1
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Requires improvement 1
- 1 Full inspection 20th September 2017
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 12th March 2014
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for Samuel Laycock School
Please login to post a comment.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Excellent performance by Boys taking Preparation for Work at an English Comprehensive School (ELQ Band C)
Special Education Needs
Samuel Laycock School is a community secondary special school for pupils aged eleven to seventeen years. The school caters for students with moderate and severe and complex learning difficulties.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty||Y|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
Catchment is only available for English state schools, independent schools do not have catchment areas.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive.
September 2012 – August 2013 (2012 intake)
September 2013 - August 2014 (2013 intake)
September 2014 - August 2015 (2014 intake)
September 2015 - August 2016 (2015 intake) released 2017 currently being processed will be published September 2018
September 2016 - August 2017 (2016 intake) not currently available