- Shaftesbury High School
- Head: Mr M Silver
- T 020 8428 2482
- F 020 8420 2361
- E adminoffice@shaft…bury.harrow.sch.uk
- W www.shaftesbur….harrow.sch.uk
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 19. Type of SEN provision: ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder; MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty; SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health; SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Harrow
- Pupils: 163
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- 16-19 study programmes Outstanding 2
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 2
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 2
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 2
- 1 Short inspection 1st March 2016
- 2 Full inspection 9th November 2010
Short inspection reports only give an overall grade; you have to read the report itself to gauge whether the detailed grading from the earlier full inspection still stands.
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 15th May 2008
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for Shaftesbury High School
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
Special Education Needs
Shaftesbury High School is a secondary aged special school for pupils with learning needs, sometimes associated with emotional and behavioural difficulties. It is a maintained local authority school. The school received the Investors in People Award in 2000 and 2001 and 2004 (new standards), the DfES School Achievement Award in 2001 and again in 2002 and the DfES Healthy Schools Award in 2002.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty||Y|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health||Y|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty||Y|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.