- Sherburn High School
- Head: Mrs Maria Williams
- T 01977 682442
- F 01977 682752
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.sherburnhigh.co.uk
- A state school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 18.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: North Yorkshire
- Pupils: 751
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- 16-19 study programmes Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 27th April 2017
- Previous Ofsted grade: Requires improvement on 23rd April 2015
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
I am delighted to introduce you to Sherburn High School, an 11-18 mixed comprehensive which is
situated in an attractive position on the western fringes of the village of Sherburn-in-Elmet. It is a
school where everyone achieves success, where individual talents are nurtured, where everyone feels
secure and special and where a happy working atmosphere prevails.
This was confirmed by our September 2001 OFSTED Inspection Report which states that: "The school
is a good school with many strengths.
Pupils attitudes to school are good. They enjoy coming and taking part in all that it offers and are
proud of their school.
The quality of teaching is good. In the sixth form teaching is very good overall.
The leadership and management of the school are good, characterised by care and concern for others
which is reflected in the way pupils relate to each other and to other adults.
Sherburn High School is a successful and thriving community, partly because we see education as a
partnership between committed and loyal staff, interested parents and motivated students. We aim for excellence in all that we do. ...Read more
What the parents say...
No comments received for Sherburn High School
Please login to post a comment.
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
Catchment is only available for English state schools, independent schools do not have catchment areas.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive.
September 2012 – August 2013 (2012 intake)
September 2013 - August 2014 (2013 intake)
September 2014 - August 2015 (2014 intake)
September 2015 - August 2016 (2015 intake) released 2017 currently being processed will be published September 2018
September 2016 - August 2017 (2016 intake) not currently available