- Sherburn High School
- Head: Mrs Maria Williams
- T 01977 682442
- F 01977 682752
- E email@example.com
- W www.sherburnhigh.co.uk
- A mainstream state school for pupils aged from 11 to 18
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: North Yorkshire
- Pupils: 747
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Requires improvement 1
- 16-19 study programmes Requires improvement 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Requires improvement 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Requires improvement 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Requires improvement 1
- 1 Full inspection 23rd April 2015
- Previous Ofsted grade: Requires improvement on 3rd May 2013
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
I am delighted to introduce you to Sherburn High School, an 11-18 mixed comprehensive which is
situated in an attractive position on the western fringes of the village of Sherburn-in-Elmet. It is a
school where everyone achieves success, where individual talents are nurtured, where everyone feels
secure and special and where a happy working atmosphere prevails.
This was confirmed by our September 2001 OFSTED Inspection Report which states that: "The school
is a good school with many strengths.
Pupils attitudes to school are good. They enjoy coming and taking part in all that it offers and are
proud of their school.
The quality of teaching is good. In the sixth form teaching is very good overall.
The leadership and management of the school are good, characterised by care and concern for others
which is reflected in the way pupils relate to each other and to other adults.
Sherburn High School is a successful and thriving community, partly because we see education as a
partnership between committed and loyal staff, interested parents and motivated students. We aim for excellence in all that we do. ...Read more
What the parents say...
No comments received for Sherburn High School
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.