Sir Joseph Williamson's Mathematical School
- Sir Joseph Williamson's Mathematical School
- Head: Mr Eliot Hodges
- T 01634 844008
- F 01634 818303
- E [email protected]
- W www.sirjosephw…n.medway.sch.uk
- A state school for boys aged from 11 to 18.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Medway
- Pupils: 1256
- Religion: None
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- 16-19 study programmes Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 1
- 1 Full inspection 26th November 2008
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 1st December 2005
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
The Sir Joseph Williamsons Mathematical School is an 11-18 boys' Grammar School with over 310 in the co-educational sixth form, of whom around one third are female. Entry to the school is via an 11+ examination and we take approximately the top 25% of the ability range.
The school was inspected in November 2008 and judged to be Outstanding, with the lead inspector noting in her report that a buzz of excitement pervades the school. This success is echoed in the many awards which the school has received. These include Geographical Association's Geography Quality mark, Healthy Schools Award, and the Inclusive Schools Quality Mark.
Our aim is to support young people in becoming happy, confident and active citizens, ready to play a leading role in whatever walk of life they choose. We do this by ensuring our students achieve the best possible academic outcomes, while at the same time encouraging them to play a full and active part in the wider life of the school.
Aspire. Achieve. Excel
Converted to an academy 2011. A member of the Williamson Trust ...Read more
What the parents say...
No comments received for Sir Joseph Williamson's Mathematical School
Please login to post a comment.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Boys taking English Language at an English Grammar School (GCSE)
- Best performance by Boys taking Design & Technology Product Design at an English Grammar School (GCSE)
State grammar school
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
Catchment is only available for English state schools, independent schools do not have catchment areas.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive.
September 2012 – August 2013 (2012 intake)
September 2013 - August 2014 (2013 intake)
September 2014 - August 2015 (2014 intake)
September 2015 - August 2016 (2015 intake) released 2017 currently being processed will be published September 2018
September 2016 - August 2017 (2016 intake) not currently available