- Sir Joseph Williamson's Mathematical School
- Head: Mr Eliot Hodges
- T 01634 844008
- F 01634 818303
- E email@example.com
- W www.sirjosephw….medway.sch.uk
- A state school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 18.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Medway
- Pupils: 1256
- Religion: None
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- 16-19 study programmes Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 1
- 1 Full inspection 26th November 2008
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 1st December 2005
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
The Sir Joseph Williamsons Mathematical School is an 11-18 boys' Grammar School with over 310 in the co-educational sixth form, of whom around one third are female. Entry to the school is via an 11+ examination and we take approximately the top 25% of the ability range.
The school was inspected in November 2008 and judged to be Outstanding, with the lead inspector noting in her report that a buzz of excitement pervades the school. This success is echoed in the many awards which the school has received. These include Geographical Association's Geography Quality mark, Healthy Schools Award, and the Inclusive Schools Quality Mark.
Our aim is to support young people in becoming happy, confident and active citizens, ready to play a leading role in whatever walk of life they choose. We do this by ensuring our students achieve the best possible academic outcomes, while at the same time encouraging them to play a full and active part in the wider life of the school.
Aspire. Achieve. Excel
Converted to an academy 2011. A member of the Williamson Trust ...Read more
What the parents say...
No comments received for Sir Joseph Williamson's Mathematical School
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Boys taking English Language at an English Grammar School (GCSE)
- Best performance by Boys taking Design & Technology Product Design at an English Grammar School (GCSE)
State grammar school
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.
Already subscribed? Login here.
The Good Schools Guide newsletter
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.