- Southall School
Off Rowan Avenue
- Head: Mrs Abigail Martin
- T 01952 387600
- F 01952 591207
- E email@example.com
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 16. Type of SEN provision: ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder; MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty; SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication; SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Telford and Wrekin
- Pupils: 155
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 26th February 2014
- Previous Ofsted grade: Satisfactory on 14th March 2012
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for Southall School
Please login to post a comment.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Boys taking Personal & Social Education at an English Comprehensive School (ELQ Band A)
- Best performance by Boys taking Teamworking at an English Comprehensive School (Key Skill at Level 1)
- Best performance by Girls taking Personal & Social Education at an English Comprehensive School (ELQ Band A)
- Best performance by Girls taking Teamworking at an English Comprehensive School (Key Skill at Level 1)
- Best performance by Girls taking Learning Skills at an English Comprehensive School (Key Skill at Level 1)
Special Education Needs
Southall is a community special school catering for pupils aged four to sixteen who have moderate to severe learning difficulties; autistic spectrum disorders and communication difficulties. The school also provides an outreach service to mainstream schools.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty||Y|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication||Y|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty||Y|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
Catchment is only available for English state schools, independent schools do not have catchment areas.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive.
September 2012 – August 2013 (2012 intake)
September 2013 - August 2014 (2013 intake)
September 2014 - August 2015 (2014 intake)
September 2015 - August 2016 (2015 intake) released 2017 currently being processed will be published September 2018
September 2016 - August 2017 (2016 intake) not currently available