- Southend High School for Girls
- Head: Ms Fiona Brierley Ma Ba
- T 01702 588852
- F 01702 587181
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W southendgirls.…hool-site5.net
- A state school for girls aged from 11 to 18.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Southend on Sea
- Pupils: 1100
- Religion: None
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- 16-19 study programmes Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 1
- 1 Full inspection 9th December 2011
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 1st February 2007
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
Entrance examinations consist of: 11: Maths, English & VR. 12+: Same test including an interview. 16: 20-25 points including A-B grades in subjects to be pursued. Past papers can be purchased from the school office.
Converted to an academy 2011.
What the parents say...
No comments received for Southend High School for Girls
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Girls taking General Studies at an English Grammar School (GCE A level)
- Best performance by Girls taking Business Studies & Econs at an English Grammar School (GCE AS level)
- Best performance by Girls taking General Studies at an English Grammar School (GCE AS level)
State grammar school
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.