- Southfield School
- Head: Ms Libby Duggan
- T 01707 276504
- F 01707 258 260
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.southfield.herts.sch.uk
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 4 to 11. Type of SEN provision: ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder; MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty; SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Hertfordshire
- Pupils: 73
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 2
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 2
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 2
- 1 Short inspection 13th October 2015
- 2 Full inspection 9th November 2012
Short inspection reports only give an overall grade; you have to read the report itself to gauge whether the detailed grading from the earlier full inspection still stands.
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 13th July 2010
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for Southfield School
Please login to post a comment.
Special Education Needs
Southfield is a purpose-built primary school for children with moderate learning difficulties. We cater for children in the age range 4 to 11 years and have 80 places. Our children are taught the full range of National Curriculum subjects but in smaller class groups and at a pace more suited to their needs. We place a strong emphasis on letting the children know they can succeed and that we value individual achievement. At Southfield, the staff and governors are determined to create a caring environment and provide learning experiences that are challenging and exciting. In recent years, we have received several awards; School Achievement Award for Excellence, Artsmark Gold, and Eco-Schools' Green Flag.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty||Y|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication||Y|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.