- Southfields Academy
333 Merton Road
- Head: Ms Jacqueline Valin
- T 020 8875 2600
- F 020 8874 9949
- E email@example.com
- W www.southfieldsacademy.com
- A state school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 18.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Wandsworth
- Pupils: 1103
- Religion: None
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 2
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 2
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 2
- 1 Short inspection 17th October 2017
- 2 Full inspection 28th June 2013
Short inspection reports only give an overall grade; you have to read the report itself to gauge whether the detailed grading from the earlier full inspection still stands.
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 23rd January 2007
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for Southfields Academy
Please login to post a comment.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Girls taking Business Studies & Econs at an English Comprehensive School (GCE A level)
- Best performance by Boys taking German at an English Comprehensive School (GCE A level)
Special Education Needs
Southfields Community College has been described by HMI inspectors as one of the best examples of educational inclusion they have seen (Nov. 2004). Our aim is to provide all students with the skills they need to access the curriculum and then to attain as fully as possible within the curriculum. We specialise in early literacy, SpLD (dyslexia, dyspraxia, dyscalculia); speech, language and social skills, hearing impaired support (Wandsworth HIU), English as an additional language and gifted & talented. Our ethos is one of inclusion and to achieve this we look carefully at the process of teaching and learning and adapt the curriculum, the delivery style and, wherever possible, the environment to suit the needs of the learner. We also acknowledge and support students in dealing with external difficulties that affect their ability to engage with the curriculum.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication||Y|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
Catchment is only available for English state schools, independent schools do not have catchment areas.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive.
September 2012 – August 2013 (2012 intake)
September 2013 - August 2014 (2013 intake)
September 2014 - August 2015 (2014 intake)
September 2015 - August 2016 (2015 intake) released 2017 currently being processed will be published September 2018
September 2016 - August 2017 (2016 intake) not currently available