- Southfields Academy
333 Merton Road
- Head: Ms Jacqueline Valin
- T 020 8875 2600
- F 020 8874 9949
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.southfieldsacademy.com
- A mainstream state school for pupils aged from 11 to 18
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Wandsworth
- Pupils: 1335
- Religion: None
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 28th June 2013
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 23rd January 2007
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for Southfields Academy
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Girls taking Business Studies & Econs at an English Comprehensive School (GCE A level)
- Best performance by Boys taking German at an English Comprehensive School (GCE A level)
Special Education Needs
Southfields Community College has been described by HMI inspectors as one of the best examples of educational inclusion they have seen (Nov. 2004). Our aim is to provide all students with the skills they need to access the curriculum and then to attain as fully as possible within the curriculum. We specialise in early literacy, SpLD (dyslexia, dyspraxia, dyscalculia); speech, language and social skills, hearing impaired support (Wandsworth HIU), English as an additional language and gifted & talented. Our ethos is one of inclusion and to achieve this we look carefully at the process of teaching and learning and adapt the curriculum, the delivery style and, wherever possible, the environment to suit the needs of the learner. We also acknowledge and support students in dealing with external difficulties that affect their ability to engage with the curriculum.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders||Y|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)||Y|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory||Y|
|Has SEN unit or class||Y|
|HI - Hearing Impairment||Y|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty||Y|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment||Y|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty||Y|
|PD - Physical Disability||Y|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health||Y|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication||Y|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment||Y|
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.