- St Clare's School
Rough Heanor Road
- Head: Mrs Megan Stratton
- T 01332 511757
- F 01332 519968
- E email@example.com
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 16. Type of SEN provision: ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder; MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty; PD - Physical Disability; SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health; SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication; SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Derby
- Pupils: 108
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 2
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 2
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 2
- 1 Short inspection 13th December 2016
- 2 Full inspection 24th January 2013
Short inspection reports only give an overall grade; you have to read the report itself to gauge whether the detailed grading from the earlier full inspection still stands.
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 6th July 2010
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for St Clare's School
Please login to post a comment.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Girls taking Sports Leadership at an English Comprehensive School (VRQ Level 1)
Special Education Needs
St Clare’s School caters for pupils who have moderate learning difficulties. At the end of Year 11, the pupils take seven nationally accredited exams including literacy, numeracy, and science as well as GCSE Art. The Art Department was highlighted by Ofsted in their report of June 2003 when they judged it to be “excellent”. Children come to St Clare’s from a wide geographical area and so rather than have after school clubs, we encourage our children to take part in the numerous lunchtime clubs on offer. These clubs change every term and include dance club, beauty club, story club, football club, cross country club, and gardening club, to name but a few.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty||Y|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability||Y|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health||Y|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication||Y|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty||Y|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.