St George's CofE Primary School A GSG School
- St George's CofE Primary School
- Head: Mrs Sarah Collymore
- T 020 7622 1870
- F 020 7498 9683
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.st-georges…dsworth.sch.uk
- A mainstream state school for pupils aged from 3 to 11
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Wandsworth
- Pupils: 231
- Religion: Church of England
- Review: View The Good Schools Guide Review
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- Early years provision Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 1
- 1 Full inspection 22nd September 2011
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 26th June 2009
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What The Good Schools Guide says..
The school’s motto, ‘The best we can be’, is not a useless platitude, but something that they really aspire to for every child. As the head told us, ‘We teach our children dignity and respect and teach them to come to school ready to learn’. No time is wasted in helping and encouraging children who speak other languages at home to begin to speak standard English; ‘language is our bedrock because of where the different parents come from.’
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
What The Good Schools Guide says
Since 2015, Sarah Collymore (mid 30s); BA in primary education from Northumbria University. Went straight into teaching at 21 at a school local to her in Newcastle, but then decided to come to London with a friend and never looked back: ‘We visited at Easter to view some schools – St George’s being one of them. I rocked up one day and 12 years later, I’m still here.’ Hired initially as a teacher in early years, at the same time as her predecessor Janet Hilary (former head) - this irrepressible duo took the school from special measures and on the verge of closure to Ofsted outstanding.
A Geordie lass who oozes warmth and likeability - the kind-natured, sincere head that every school should have. Dedication for ‘her’ children is tangible, and...